What is Float Therapy?
Float Therapy is a relaxing session in a Float Pod, or Float Tank; a fiberglass pod (103.5″ x 70.5″ x 54″) with 180 gallons of water, warmed to body temperature, and 900 lbs of dissolved Epsom Salts. This creates a density that allows your body to float effortlessly, taking all pressure off of tired joints, bones, and muscles. This allows a level of unparalleled relaxation and incredible healing while your body utilizes extra available resources.
What does it do?
The total buoyancy provides relief from muscle tension and pain, compressed disks, pinched nerves, and all sorts of gravity related ailments. Without input or distraction, the “fight or flight” response is also deactivated while activating the bodies “safe” mode. This results in a variety of healing responses and leaves you more relaxed than you’ve likely ever been. Studies have shown that magnesium and sulfate are both readily absorbed through the skin, making Epsom salt baths an easy and ideal way to enjoy the associated health benefits. Magnesium plays a number of roles in the body including regulating the activity of over 325 enzymes, reducing inflammation, helping muscle and nerve function, and helping to prevent artery hardening. Sulfates help improve the absorption of nutrients, flush toxins, and help ease migraine headaches.
What benefits might I experience?
- Improves athletic performance and helps prevent sports injuries, speeds healing process
- Decreases the production of Adrenaline
- Increases the production of endorphins
- Quickens rehabilitation and recovery
- Relieves pain from arthritis, migraines, injuries, etc.
- Boosts immune function
- Improves circulation
- Increases distribution of oxygen and nutrients
- Reduces blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption
General Well Being
- Promotes total calm and peaceful relaxation
- Eliminates fatigue and jet lag
- Improves sleep
- Alleviates stress (mental and physical)
- Energizes, rejuvenates and revitalizes
- Claustrophobia treatment
Left/Right Brain Synchronization
- Shifts brain waves from the Beta to Alpha, Theta and even Delta
- Better mental clarity and alertness
- Increases creativity and problem solving ability
- Intensifies acuteness of all the senses
- Accelerates learning
- Diminishes depression, anxiety and fear
- Facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions
Are there any side effects to Epsom Salt Soaks?
People with an allergy to sulfur may show sensitivity to Epsom salts and may experience skin irritation or other allergic symptoms. Some antibiotics including ciprofloxacin and certain heart medications like digitalis may experience interactions with Epsom salts. Individuals with Kidney disease are advised to not use Epsom Salt. Please consult with your pharmacist if you have any concerns with medication interactions.
Bathing in Epsom salts can also dehydrate the body with prolonged exposure, and magnesium sulfate has a laxative effect, so diarrhea can also result from extended Float sessions, but not typical. Hydrating before and after your float session is highly recommended.
- 30 minutes - $30 (Beginners with anxiety/claustrophobia)
- 45 minutes - $40 (Beginners)
- 60 minutes - $50 (Recommended therapeutic time)
- 75 minutes - $55
- 90 minutes - $60 (Expert floaters)
- 120 minutes - $70